WELCOME To...TampaMLBScouting.Blogspot.com! (For Players, Parents & Coaches)

Contributor, Jeff Edwards, Colorado Rockies MLB "Scouting Supervisor"!



Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chuck....what a great idea and a awesome way to advance the knowledge of hitting and what great hitters actuallly do in their swings!! Thanks for having me and I look forward to having some great respectful discussions on the swing.



As a scout my job is to search for players that have tools (hit,power,field, run,throw) and that play at all the positions. Its also important to know how to play the game with instincts and game awareness.



I'll begin my thoughts on hitting with this...



Good hitters turn the barrel REARWARD



They do this with



1) and hand pivot point that is closely connected to the back shoulder



2) and with a rear hip pivot point that is thrust in the back leg and hip

Since I'm learning how to attach video (yep, I have high speed. May just not be high speed enough..LOL) I'll post a link to the clip.

http://www.builder.hittingillustrated.com/Pro/hamilton_overhead.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment